MISS HISTORICALLY BLACK COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY (HBCU) PAGEANT RULES & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Must be at least 18 years of age by November 1, 2016 and not older than 24 years of age by November 1, 2017.
2. Must never have given birth to a child, cannot be pregnant, or be a parent.
3. Must be a current student enrolled at an HBCU (Historically Black College/University) or have graduated from an HBCU.
4. Must be a female.
5. Must not be married, never have been married, and never had a marriage annulled.
6. $50.00 Entry fee
7. The winner will represent the organization by participating in pre-approved community service activities, speaking engagements and other events. The contestant will be responsible for execution of her Community Service Platform.
8. Must be able to compete in each section of the pageant (Interview, Community Service Platform, Two Minute Video Detailing Why You Should Be The Next HBCU Pageant).
9. The registration fee is not refundable unless the competition is cancelled or the date of the pageant changes
10. Must agree if you win or succeed to the Miss HBCU title, you will not participate in any other pageants during the time you will hold this title unless authorized in writing by Miss HBCU Director(s).
11. Current campus and university queens are eligible to compete as long as they hold no other titles.
12. Current students must have a minimum GPA of 2.7.
13. Must submit a two minute or less video detailing why you should be Miss HBCU.
14. All participants must provide an unofficial transcript.
15. All participants must provide a copy of their license OR birth certificate OR another type of photo I.D.
16. Must be willing to release unconditionally and forever, any claim against the Miss HBCU Pageant and Haute Events & Productions LLC, its parent and affiliated related companies and their respective officers, directors, partners, employees, agents, assigns, which they have by virtue of their participation in their national pageant or by any use of their name, likeness, voice, and/or biography in connection with their state pageant, including use in promotional and advertising material.
17. Must understand and agree that all issues with eligibility shall be determined by Miss HBCU Pageant LLC and they must agree to abide by that determination both as to themselves and other applicants.
18. More than one contestant can participate from the same institution.